(PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Reporting To: Deputy Director of Metrology
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Science, Chemistry, Electrical, Mechanical) and
American Standards of Quality Certified Calibration Technician (CCT)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Metrology team as a Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Perform scheduled and non-scheduled calibration task on equipment and instruments:
- Perform calibration tasks such as Balance, Scale, Weight, Temperature, Pressure, Humidity, MAS and SAS Air Samplers, pH, Light, Liquid and Gas Flow, Pressure Switches, DPMs, Conductivity and CO2 Meters in accordance with calibration SOPs and manufacturing specifications.
- Perform calibration tasks on systems such as Autoclaves, Fermenters, Freeze Driers, Steam Generators, WFI, Tunnel Sterilizers, Centrifuges, Chromatography systems, Filtration systems, Clean in Place, Steam in Place, Packaging and Filling Lines.
- Perform calibration tasks on equipment such as Freezers, Incubators, Refrigerators, Ovens, Spectrophotometers.
- Knowledge of recording and controlling units, such as Yokogawa, Chessell Epson, Omron, Fuji recorders, used for various equipment.
2. Write and Revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs).
- Write specific calibration procedures for large and complicate equipment or instruments.
- Ensure that all major types of equipment and instruments are covered with metrology SOPs
3. Review Computerized Calibration Management System (CCMS) database to ensure correct and appropriate equipment/instrument data (calibration and process specification/requirement) to minimize errors in certification work and facilitate accurate production planning.
- Check and provide data for Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Computerized Calibration Management System (CCMS) to ensure all equipment/instrument data is accurate and on an on-going calibration program.
4. Train other Metrology personnel on new processes and procedures and attend formal technical training courses to ensure skills remain current and up to industry standard.
- Provide training on subjects and issues in respect to calibration to production staff for use of calibrated equipment and instruments.
5. Assist under departments to complete Equipment/Instrument Registration in both CMMS and CCMS.
- Assist user departments to complete all registration documentation to demonstrate complete certification for each measuring equipment and instrument for the customers.
- Assist production personnel with selection of new equipment and instruments for upgrade and acquisition of new equipment.
6. Documentation and Verify certification work performed by other metrologists to ensure accuracy and compliance to SOPs. Provide technical support to production for any calibration requirements and change as a result of change control.
- Verify and review work performed by colleague, if required, to ensure that calibration work is accurately documented.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Chemistry, Electrical, Mechanical or related discipline.
- Minimum American Standards of Quality Certified Calibration Technician (CCT).
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous relevant experience in an Engineering/Metrology in Biotech or Pharmaceutical companies, or companies specializing in Metrology work.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with aseptic techniques, microbiology and cGMP practices.
- Strong mechanical skills and problem solving ability. Experience in setting-up, operating, trouble-shooting and cleaning machinery as per SOPs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter data accurately and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.