(PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Component Pertussis- B89E Upstream
Reporting To: Shift Manager cP
Required Education: Minimum (2) year Master’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering).
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Component Pertussis (cP) team as a Technologist. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Administration of Upstream production activities.
- Assist on review BPR, SOP, logbooks, and monitoring charts for completion and insurance of accuracy of all documents as per GMP guidelines.
- Participate in daily meetings and report findings to management
- Participate in deviation investigations
- Coordinate activities within cP department (Downstream and MWS)
- Train technical staff to comply to cGMP, HSE and SOP requirements
2. Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Wear proper PPE when performing tasks.
- Drive culture of HSE in department.
- Escalate any potential hazards in a timely manner. Help develop proposed solutions.
- Participate in routine HSE checks and inspections.
- Follow safety procedures.
3. Fermentation and harvest of B.Pertussis for cP antigens production.
- Microbiology manipulations in BioContainment Cabinet (BCC)
- Preparation and operation of seed and intermediate fermenters
- Preparation and operation of production fermenters
- Operation of a centrifuge to harvest the fermenters
- Preparation and operation of Microfilters and Ultrafilters
- Ensure area is inspection ready. Knowledgeable to guide inspectors.
- Assist in problem solving and troubleshooting.
4. Administration of Data Information cP Production.
- Complete SAP transactions in a timely, accurate manner.
- Perform Pharm net web activities.
- Enter all data accurately and in timely manner such as Shop Floor Data, LIMs, Master, change request forms.
5. Process improvement and development.
- Assist implementation of facility, equipment and process improvement projects
- Assist in writing specifications, protocols and reports to facility, equipment, and process improvement of production process.
- Modification of SOPs and BPRs for new processes in accordance with change control policies.
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ for new equipment.
- Attend meetings with other support functions representing production as needed.
6. Preparation of Trending reports and SPC data analysis
- Assist with implementation of corrective actions in production
- Assist in CCR, CAPA as needed
- Participate in keeping the production area in a tidy, GMP manner, following 5 S guideline (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, sustain).
- Disinfect area as required in SOP.
- Assist to ensure loading dock and hallways are clean and obstructed by materials or equipment, garbage is discarded daily to designated area outside of production.
- Assist to ensure office area is kept in a tidy clean manner.
- Supply airlock with gowning materials.
- Animate visual management tools.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum (2) year Master’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering).
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous relevant experience in a biological, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Friday to Tuesday, 10:00 pm- 6:00 am (Night Shift)
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.