iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered. Please make sure to apply with your personal email address.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for: Statistician - VIE Contract (W/M)
Target start date 01/07/2021
The VIE will work for a team based in Cambridge (US) within the North-America Research department and will be located in Canada under the supervision of the head of Preclinical Statistical Unit based in France and which is part of the Global Biostatistic team.
In the Canada site, VIE will be supervised by a statistician referent (from France or from Canada) according to the projects all along the VIE mission.
- Compile the list of requests for statistical analyses of the RNCS NA department in a dedicated form
- Question or challenge the experimental design according to the scientific questions, in collaboration with the senior statistician.
- In agreement with the referent statistician, develop and apply the appropriate statistical methodologies following the internal procedures
- Provide follow-up and traceability of analyzes (planning, prioritization, application forms, analysis reports)
- Communicate and explain to scientists the statistical conclusions of the analyzes
- Provide statistical consulting or training on demand of the scientists
Master degree or Ph.D. in statistics
Minimum 2years of professional experience
- Good level in SAS (basic + Macro)
- Knowledge of R language
Language: Fluent French and English in terms of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work in the team (team spirit, ease of communication)
- Eager to learn and open-minded
- Very good sense of organization and time management
As a core objective, the VIE role will be to provide the statistical support in Research and Non Clinical Safety North America (RNCS NA) department located in Cambridge. VIE will work in close collaboration to the local scientists and under the responsibility of senior statisticians as well as located in Toronto and in Marcy L’Etoile site (69).
The VIE mission in the Canada site will be preceded by at least one month training phase in the French site (in Marcy l'Etoile 69), within the French preclinical statistical team. This training phase will aim to help the intern to become familiar with the internal processes as well as with the current statistical requests generated a large diversity of scientists in RNCS. VIE will thus be trained to the corresponding statistical approaches and reports that he will have to perform for US department.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.