SENIOR LAB SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
(12 MONTH TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- 3 POSITIONS)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Washing and Sterilizing
Reporting To: Washing and Sterilizing Manager
Required Education: Minimum (3) year College Diploma (Chemical Laboratory Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial Pharmaceuticals, Sterile Supply Processing)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Washing and Sterilizing Team as a Senior Lab Support Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Prepare, assemble and ship various production equipment following the departmental SOPs
- Receive and dissemble, discard (if applicable), clean (rinse, clean, boil) equipment such as tubing, stoppers, caps, stir bars, carboys, pipettes, hose valves, 50 to 500L tanks (including those connected wheel bases), etc.
- Visually inspect all raw materials, pre-assembled parts and washed reusable items for damage and suitability of use per requirements for cP89, cP 90, Media Diphtheria, Tetanus, Purification, Final Adsorption, and Fermentation areas of production.
- Perform SAP transactions by using computers and scanners for QC release status, kit transfer and pre-production labels and run stickers for each item cleaned and sterilized.
- Prepare as per customer’s Item Diagram SOPs, integrity test (if required), kit build, wrap all tubing configurations and set up connections, glassware, bottles, and 50 to 500L Tanks and ship items as required by customer to cP89, cP 90, Media Diphtheria, Tetanus, Purification, Final Adsorption, and Fermentation departments
- Complete all GMP documentation concurrently and accurately.
2. Operation of W&S equipment
- Rinse all incoming used glassware, carboys, bottles and tubes with tap water as required.
- Operate various W&S equipment such as Automatic tank wash station, boiling sink, ultrasonic bath and Lancer bottle washers assuring the printers have paper and chart recorders are ready for each use. Confirm levels of CIP100 and CIP200.
- Calibrate conductivity meter and Crest Ultrasonic Generator to ensure the validity of its readings. Compare the parameters of equipment with respective SOP’s to ensure all specifications are within limits.
- Assure correct program cycle is selected for wash placement configuration, equipment and or cleaning cycle required for soil.
- Engage in qualification and validation of equipment in collaboration with MTech and site validation.
3. Monitoring and maintenance of W&S equipment
- Perform periodic maintenance checks such as bowie dick test and leak test for area autoclaves
- Operate various W&S equipment such as Automatic tank wash station, boiling sink, ultrasonic bath and Lancer bottle washers
- Compare the parameters of equipment with respective SOPs to ensure all specifications are met
- Keep production areas in tidy and compliant state
- Perform daily disinfection
- Ensure loading dock and hallways are clean and unobstructed by materials or equipment
- Receive and segregate raw materials in production staging area separating from other departments that share area and incoming material is not put to the incorrect department
- Maintain a sanitized shipping area in a systematic state for correct and fast deliveries
- Maintain clean and sterilized storage rooms and shipping corridors
5. Administration of data information for Washing and Sterilizing production
- Complete SAP transactions in a timely manner
- Monitor PharmNet web and RapidPharma to keep check on alarms and DPM air reversals
- Record EM and utility sampling data into Master using specific templates
- Periodically audit electronic systems for data integrity
- Maintain area logbooks for equipment flow and cleaning, etc.
6. Area monitoring and utilities sampling
- Perform viable and non-viable environmental monitoring
- Sample WFI and steam adhering to schedule planned
- Perform periodic Cleaning Validation sampling
- Practice aseptic technique while handling, sampling and labeling
- Respond to EM related alarms and alert manager when necessary
Education and Experience:
- Minimum (3) year College Diploma (Chemical Laboratory Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial Pharmaceuticals, Sterile Supply Processing)
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous relevant experience in a biological, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Tuesday to Friday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm; Saturday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm (subject to change)
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.