Position: Senior Director Quality Control Laboratory Management
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
The Senior Director Laboratory Management is accountable for providing scientific and technical guidance on all laboratory management issues, Stability programs, product launches and project teams; employee enrichment and development; budget development/management; Maintaining a high level of Regulatory Compliance, effectively supporting the marketed product supply chain. All of this work will be accomplished through an integrated team of laboratory professionals, utilizing contemporary technologies and efficiency principles all in alignment with site priorities.
- Provide Leadership and direction to Quality Control (QC) staff to ensure QC tests and procedures are aligned with CFRs and regulatory, global and internal guidelines.
- Ensures testing and release services are provided to Production and R&D in support of established schedules.
- Provide expertise and support to regulatory inspections including quality representation on all activities / topics involving QC Testing and Stability Studies.
- Establishes departmental objectives to align with site objectives for safety, quality, productivity, cost, and continuous improvement.
- Builds and maintains a high performing team, providing effective alignment and communication with functional groups at the site and at other manufacturing sites, to successfully deliver on all commitments.
- Laboratory liaison from/to Industrial Operations.
- Meet Laboratory department goals and metrics including adherence to financial budget.
- Interface with Analytical Process Technology/Manufacturing Technology to ensure assays are validated to current GMP standards.
- 10-15 years of experience in a cGMP environment with a good understanding of overall business operations knowledge including at least 7 years experience in a regulated Quality environment is required.
- Advanced degree; Master or Phd (Science preferred)
- Biologics/vaccines experience is desireable.
- Strong GMP background including working knowledge of GLP/GMP.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience managing large teams.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and balanced decision making skills.
- Ability to understand role's impact and influencing skills.
- Diverse business, quality, and industrial manufacturing knowledge base.
- Knowledge in development and execution of Lean Laboratory principles.
Qualified candidates may submit their on-line resume with cover letter to www.sanofi.ca quoting reference Sr. Director Quality Control - Laboratory Management and Requisition#: R2450482
We offer a competitive benefits package: Bonus, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Pension Plan benefits, RRSP benefits, Vision care benefits, other benefits.
Compensation range: $170,000 to $200,000
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.