Senior Director Manufacturing Technology - Toronto, ON
Reference #: 2470569
Department: Manufacturing Technology
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
It is the priority of the Site Lead for Manufacturing Technology to ensure that the most robust and efficient processes are implemented and utilized at the Toronto site; and, that the Manufacturing Technology team works to ensure today’s operational success and the product development of tomorrow with a world class performance level and agility in execution.
Reporting to the Global Head of Manufacturing Technology, it is imperative that the Site Lead for Manufacturing Technology in Toronto successfully works within the company’s matrix organization and in harmony with the Toronto Site Leadership. The Toronto manufacturing site maintains compliance with safety and cGMPs with international regulatory and health authorities including Health Canada, the FDA and EMA. Therefore it is critical that the Manufacturing Technology and Quality organizations work together to develop, maintain and execute the company’s strategy within the global regulatory framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead the Manufacturing Technology team:
- Lead the industrialization of new vaccines and biopharmaceutical and improvement of processes for existing vaccines
- Complete an evaluation of the existing Manufacturing Technology team and equipment
- Effectively management the department’s budget
- Set objectives for the Manufacturing Technology team and ensure they align with Sanofi Pasteur and Sanofi operational priorities and colleagues at other internal manufacturing locations
- Execute the project portfolio within the Site’s Manufacturing Technology operating plan
- Ensure the people and career development of the team
- Participate in the Site’s Senior Leadership
- Create and implement a continuous improvement plan for Manufacturing Technology, including the improvement of product, testing and assets in collaboration with Site and Industrial Product Leaders
- Support the Quality and Compliance efforts of all organizations within the Toronto Site, especially Quality and Manufacturing.
- Manage and Develop the Manufacturing Technology Team (60+ employees)
As Site Lead for Manufacturing Technology, the incumbent will participate in a unique adventure to build a brand new bulk facility in Toronto Ontario Canada. This is the biggest investment ever made by Sanofi on a single asset (600 MCAD +).
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences required (PhD)
- Minimum 8 - 12 years of large-scale manufacturing experience in biologics/pharma industry
- Vaccines knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
- Process Development/ Validation experience is preferred
- Must possess superior organizational, teamwork and communication skills
- Exceptional leadership abilities with demonstrated experience in developing others and managing teams (greater than 40 people).
- Understanding of value chain with ability to work cross-functionally on a local and global basis i.e. QA, RA, Manufacturing, Clinical
- Strategic planning/vision with ability to instill the vision in the team, and effectively manage change.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills / tools with ability to resolve complex issues.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.