Medical Science Liaison – Oncology
Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families.
Sanofi Genzyme Canada is currently accepting applications for a Regional Medical Advisor (RMA) in Oncology. The Regional Medical Advisor (RMA) is a field-based role responsible for cultivating current and future Thought Leaders by sharing evidence-based data to support commercialized products, to introduce forthcoming products, and to engage them in Genzyme clinical development program. The RMA:
- Presents results and disease management concepts in medical treatment to Physicians, Nurses, and Patient Support Groups when requested.
- Contributes in developing research opportunities (local clinical trials & investigator initiated studies) and educational projects at thought leader institutions.
- Provides therapeutic area support including response to unsolicited off-label information on products & therapies, if requested by healthcare practitioners.
Thought Leader Development
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with current and future Thought Leaders.
- Develop speakers and advocates among Thought Leaders.
- Link internal partners to external thought leaders for education and research collaboration.
- Advisory board development of scientific content which is relevant and aligned with global priorities
- Link Thought Leaders to other external customers.
- Publication planning and implementation where appropriate.
- Disseminate scientific information including innovative medical education materials and research concepts to Thought Leaders.
- Make clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare audiences.
- Foster medical and scientific information exchange between the medical community and Genzyme.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and training of the sales/marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant slide kits for both medical and sales (where appropriate)
- National and International conference activities: key poster identification, summary of presentations and posters from the conference
- Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution and completion of Investigator Sponsored Trials.
- Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company-sponsored trials.
Customer Relationship Management
- Presents evidence-based clinical and scientific data to support therapeutic decisions in patient care.
- Liaise between the academic thought leader and Sanofi Genzyme.
- Contributes to the evaluation of grants for educational and research initiatives.
Travel is required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- MD, Physician, Pharmacist, PharmD, PhD, MSc, MBA
- Minimum one year in MSL/MA function, Health Industry
- Clinical or Research Experience
- Knowledgeable in Oncology and/or Immunology
- Demonstrated experience in building relationship with Thought Leaders, pharmacists, nurses, and patients support groups.
- Experience developing and providing Training and Education programs.
- Leadership skills.
Bilingual French/English is an asset.
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Genzyme’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.