Head of Portfolio Management Office
Reference #: R2497517
Department: Industrial Operations Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
The Head of Portfolio Management is responsible to build and drive the development of an integrated project site strategy and ensure projects prioritization and resource allocation in support of its implementation. The position is also responsible for the Risk management program on site and the management of project resource plan for the site. Note that as a strategic member of the Industrial Affairs leadership team, the role actively participates in the development of the long term site roadmap. The position works in close collaboration with the site leadership team (operations, industrial performance, quality, supply chain, health, safety and environment (HSE), technical services & engineering, manufacturing technology, etc).
- Accountable for integrating and coordinating all relevant Tier 1, 2 and 3 project activities, including definition and implementation of strategies, actions and governance that result in the site’s capability to achieve its de-risking plan and business objectives.
- Project Management Function (PMF): Accountable for coordinating the planning and timely preparation of project funding & resources request (AEDs) for all key projects. Coordinate and align priorities with global engineering and global PMF organizations to align on requirements for successful appropriation of resources in a timely manner. Also responsible for local and global performance reporting, metrics analysis, align and keeping relevant databases up to date.
- Project Management Office (PMO): Accountable to develop the PMO. Lead the prioritization of site projects, build the project management competencies & capabilities of the site & allocate key project management resources based on business prioritization. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to implementing best practices for processes, policies, training, ensuring SHINE (corporate project database) updates, accuracy of data and resource allocation.
- Risk management: Accountable, in collaboration with the global organization, to manage and establish a world-class risk management program for the site and integrate with the strategic program management. Accountable for the leadership, design and implementation of strategies to improve risk profile related to legacy facilities and process robustness for example.
- Programs Leadership: Accountable to lead the different Platform Program Leaders in executing the site plans.
- Governance: Accountable to build and maintain a project management governance structure which encourages decision making at proper levels, common sense way of working, efficient team work, elimination of unnecessary bureaucracy and strict compliance to corporate internal controls.
- People Development: Accountable to build the team, develop their technical & leadership competencies and create a world-class portfolio management organization.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree (Master’s preferred) in science/engineering or a related field with 15-20 years of experience in a project management environment and in-depth knowledge of best-practices of risk management and program management.
Experience and Skills:
- Must possess superior organizational, communication and leadership / teamwork abilities with direct experience in managing employees.
- Experience in a pharma/biotech/Life Science industry a plus.
- A high level of adaptability is required due to possible shifting priorities and ability to stay motivated when priority changes.
- This position requires strategic planning/vision as well as developmental and interpersonal skills. Challenges range from organizational issues to resource utilization impacting supply and developmental activities that need it be balanced among all business needs.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills / tools to resolve issues in a manner that is customer focused.
- Strong analytical and balanced decision making skills. Common sense.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.