Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, oncology, immunology and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, and emerging markets.
Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory
One of the world's leading biotechnology companies, Sanofi Genzyme is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. Since its founding in 1981, the company has introduced breakthrough treatments that have provided new hope for patients. The company's areas of focus are rare genetic diseases, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, endocrinology, and immunology.
Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory role is field based. This position is focused on working closely with Key Opinion Leaders across the country as the Sanofi Genzyme Dupilumab products / services expert and link KOLs interests with other groups within Sanofi Genzyme. This role works closely with field and home office based colleagues in Marketing, Medical, Sales, Patient Support, Corporate Accounts, and Advocacy. The Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory role will report to the SD (Senior Director) Stakeholder Lead.
Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory role is responsible for delivering enhanced relationships and business results for his / her KOLs through leadership and management of a team of field-based Thought Leader Liaisons (TLL) for Dupilumab. The Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory will lead the TLL Respiratory Team to support business goals in the competitive respiratory marketplace.
Missions and objectives:
Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory
- Help define the culture, structure and future direction of Sanofi Genzyme's Dupilumab Respiratory TLL Team.
- Lead a high performance team, capable of effective KOL relationship building and cross-functional coordination/collaboration.
- Create a compliant environment which challenges, motivates and develops team members to reach optimum performance and potential.
- Set clear objectives, coach/mentor, and assess performance and skill level to develop future leaders within Dupilumab.
- Provide strategic customer insights to the commercial team to develop and grow Dupilumab.
KOL Advocacy Strategist – Cross Indication Stakeholder Lead
- Develop appropriate TLL budget allocations and ensure that Teams take a disciplined approach to investment.
- Build and Execute a “best in class” speaker bureau and plan to effectively support brand messaging.
- Effectively develop KOL strategy across all indications for immediate market leverage across all future indication.
- Effectively partner with alliance partner, Regeneron, to establish TLL teams and stakeholder plans.
Brand Execution Partner
- Align TLL Strategic plan with KPIs and objectives of the brand plan and maintain high level of communication, collaboration with commercial team.
- Partner with commercial leadership to develop a strategic approach to KOL identification and relationship management
- Lead and demonstrate collaborative interactions with the Director, Thought Leader Liaisons - Respiratory and Alliance Partners.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Minimum of 15 years of overall experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with at least 10 years of leadership experience, leading other colleagues including focus on Opinion Leader relations
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success
- Demonstrated strategic planning and execution skills
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience
- Focus on compliance regarding interaction with HCPs to ensure adherence to all operational rules, procedures, guidelines, appropriate reporting of engagements with HCPs, and requiring the same of TLL Team
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage key priorities and to lead a team of experienced TLLs
- Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills
- 80% travel required
- Position is Field Based
- Asthma and biologics experience strongly preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
- Previous sales and marketing experience preferred
- Documented success in pharmaceutical / biotech leadership with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results required
- Must be an energetic, driven, dynamic leader
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical, communication and leadership skills
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.