We are Sanofi. We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives.
Our teams across the world strive to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into the possible for patients.
We provide potentially life-changing treatments and the protection of life-saving vaccines to millions of people, and affordable access to our medicines in some of the world’s poorest countries.
We are looking for an executive talent, based in Paris, for the Head of Digital Communications role.
The Head of Digital Communications reports to the Head of Corporate Communications and Brand and is responsible for the development and implementation of Sanofi’s global corporate digital communications strategy, leveraging corporate social media, web and paid media efforts to effectively engage stakeholders and build deeper brand awareness, support the needs of the business, and bolster our corporate reputation.
- Defining and managing the execution of the company’s digital communications strategy, encompassing Sanofi.com and all corporate social media accounts/channels, including internal channels
- Implementing an insights and data-driven approach to create new and resonant ways to tell the story of how Sanofi achieves its purpose
- Manage the global corporate digital communications team in the implementation of digital content and social media campaigns, as well as improving engagement with Sanofi’s audiences through digital channels
- Partnering with Sanofi Digital on the prioritization and execution of key projects related to the company’s corporate digital presence
- Developing and managing performance metrics for Sanofi’s digital channels, and contributing to the tracking and presentation of Sanofi’s reputation measurement through integrated analytics and monitoring dashboards
- Ensure process to manage corporate digital communications meet company’s regulatory, legal and pharmacovigilance standards and SOPs
- Establish a unified, brand voice and tone through high-impact, creative multi-channel campaigns
- Collaborate with key markets/regions in establishing a cohesive global digital footprint
- Evaluate and increase corporate reputation, sentiment and positioning
- Create system of community engagement, measurement and interaction to further expand global share of voice
- Serve as digital communication subject matter expert, counsel business partners and train leadership on enhancing their social media to serve as thought leaders
- Stay on top of digital trends, emerging channels and cultural topics to help shape Sanofi’s role in external environment
- Deep understanding of best-in-class communications platforms and strategies
- Experience working in a large, diverse and complex organization and/or a digital agency with multiple client types
- Experience in digital and/or content marketing
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Understanding of compliance issues/regulations to be able to champion best practices across corporate digital channels
- Knowledge of platforms for listening and monitoring social media conversations, community engagement, and driving employee engagement via external channels
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would be a holistic digital practitioner, with the following experience:
- Managing a comprehensive and cohesive corporate digital presence, i.e., website, social media channels, individual executive channels, etc.
- Digital analytics, including proven understanding and deployment of key sources, tools, methodologies and visualization
- Digital content best practices, including production and optimization of both text and visual content
- Digital marketing, including comprehensive knowledge of paid digital media channels, formats and targeting methodologies, must be plugged into adtech developments
- Integrated team management, including a proven track record of managing teams, upskilling team members, addressing skills gaps and/or managing vendors and partners
An ideal experience progression would include a minimum of 15 years of experience in media, agency and/or recent in-house experience at a global pharmaceutical company, picking up the following skills and perspectives along the way:
- Broadcast/digital media: developing skills in visual storytelling, content production and editorial planning. Knowledge of internal audience engagement measurement tactics preferred
- Agency: refining skills across multiple contexts, building sophisticated understanding of digital distribution methodologies across various audiences, mapping needed skills across specialist teams, understanding agency nuances for vendor management
- In-house: building a team, gaining an orientation for narrative development and audience focus within a single company, developing knowledge of first-party data and audience management tools, enhancing knowledge of upward reporting and presentation of measurement frameworks to executive audiences
English fluency required. English/French bilingual speaker preferred.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.