Global Health Economics and Value Assessment (HEVA) Business Partner
The role provides business partner support for the LATAM region; working closely with regional and country Market Access, Commercial, Medical Affairs and Public Affairs teams, and with the Global HEVA organization to define and implement HEOR (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) strategies.
Health Economics strategy, evidence generation and reimbursement support.
· Coordinate health economic & outcomes research strategy and implementation across the EM Region, with emphasis on highest priority countries.
· Work with regional MAx and NPP to provide insights on TVP (Target Value Proposition) and IEGP(Integrated Evidence Generation Plan) for early products to Global HEVA business partners
· Identify HEOR evidence generation opportunities in collaboration with Global HEVA business partners, RWE (real word evidence) group and C&EM Medical, consulting with regional Max (Market Access); ensure prioritised opportunities are captured in global IEGP or regional IEGP; and execute studies where appropriate to support access/uptake and value differentiation.
· For specifically identified Global Health Products / Establish Products: take on the global HEVA business partner role, developing and maintaining core value dossier, CE (cost-effectiveness) Models, etc; and liaising with Affiliates for launch and LCM
· Ensure regional HEVA research and studies are executed on time and on budget
· Support (with regional MAx) country teams on building and executing reimbursement strategy and tactics
· Assist countries in developing or adapting health economic models and other HEOR materials from Global HEVA dossier development, payer and HTA agency interactions, and other activities
· Assist countries in evaluating health economic project proposals from consultants
· Coordinate regional implementation of Global initiatives/deliverables related to Market Access
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the key external bodies that drive HTA (Health Technology Assessment) including Ministries of Health, healthcare providers, reimbursement agencies and clinical and payer decision making bodies. Engage such bodies in regional external affairs activities.
Coordination, Communication and Development.
· Engage regularly with Global market access “tripod” teams to anticipate key milestones
· Ensure that the country Market Access & Health Economic functions in the region communicate and collaborate effectively with each other.
· Keep country market access & commercial teams abreast of Health Technology Assessment and reimbursement policy trends in the C&EM regions
· Represent Sanofi on industry bodies and advise region/country management on HTA policy developments
· Develop competencies and capabilities in Health Economics, Outcomes Research and related areas across the region to ensure Sanofi maintains a competitive advantage in these areas.
Health, Safety and Environment
· Provide and maintain systems of work and working environments that are safe and without risk to health
· Undertake duties in accordance with the current Sanofi Policies and Procedures
Requirements & Qualifications
Essential Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of the payer and HTA decision-making process in key C&EM markets,
· Familiarity with economic evaluation techniques and discretionary knowledge of which health economic tool/methodology to employ for different markets/customers
· Competency with interpreting and analysing clinical and HEOR data sources, including clinical trial publications, biostatistics, systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
· Knowledge of the peer-review publication process & commitment to publishing SNY HEOR research in high value clinical and health economic journals.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrix environment.
· Advanced competency with MS Excel
· 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience in a Global/Regional/Country level HEOR position
· Advanced degree in Health Economics or related studies.
· First hand HEOR/HTA/payer experience within the EM region
· [LATAM: Bilingual English / Spanish]
· Competency with additional statistical or economic analytical tools desirable (eg TreeAge)
· Working at a global or regional level to support smaller affiliates in HEOR strategies and capabilities
Position based in Mexico City, MX
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.