Title: 2019 Biologics Fall Co-Op: Manufacturing Science
Location: Framingham, MA (occasional visits to other Massachusetts locations in Allston or Westborough may be required)
Duration: July 2019 – December 2019
Note: Candidates must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Discover your future…
Sanofi’s university opportunities offer exposure to a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Students work side-by-side with biopharmaceutical professionals, providing an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of patients around the globe. This Co-Op may lead to a full-time opportunity upon graduation based on successful performance reviews and final interview process. One of the goals of this program is to feed a leadership pipeline of top talent for our Sanofi Biologics full-time opportunities. Sanofi Biologics early career hiring launches your career to the next level through a targeted approach.
The co-op in the Manufacturing Science department will provide purification support to commercial downstream purification activities at the Framingham Biologics site. The Manufacturing Science Downstream Operations Support Team is part of the Global Manufacturing Science And Technology (MSAT) organization.
- Recommend strategies for improving purification process performance for GMP operations in a multi-product campus using an understanding of engineering and protein biochemistry.
- Provide a science-based approach for the resolution of deviations, investigations, and process issues through analysis of historical data and scale down studies.
- Network with Manufacturing and Quality organizations to establish a reliable state of process control. May participate in technical transfer and implementation of changes to purification processes to achieve that state.
- Participate in Process Validation activities.
- Build, modify, and utilize digital data storage, visualization, and analysis systems such as LIMS, Delta V/Pi, SAS, JMP, Spotfire and custom web based interfaces to enable site process monitoring and Continuous Process Verification programs.
- Generate documents (technical memos, protocols, reports, etc.) related to process monitoring programs, scale down studies, annual product reviews, and non-conformances.
- Co-ops will own a relevant capstone project to complete during the semester.
What makes this position unique?
Manufacturing Science is a partner of biologics manufacturing operations and is the custodian of manufacturing processes. Manufacturing Science ensures manufacturing processes are capable, compliant, in control, cost effective, and continuously improved. Benefits of working in this role:
- Participation on cross-functional investigational teams provides visibility and exposure to multiple areas in the organization. The global MSAT role requires us to maintain visibility and ownership of multiple manufacturing processes at multiple sites.
- Sanofi is building a state of the art biologics manufacturing network based on continuous manufacturing and heavily leveraging disposables. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to support multiple manufacturing processes in Framingham and other locations in North America.
- Sanofi actively encourages internal career development growth opportunities. This co-op opportunity is intended to develop future candidates for permanent full time positions as process engineers or other technical roles within Sanofi.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in an accredited undergraduate academic program
- Working toward a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or equivalent with plans to graduate by 2020
- 3.0/4.0 GPA is a minimum requirement
- Must have permanent US work authorization
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Working knowledge of protein purification techniques involving chromatographic and filtration based technologies
- Experience in scripting in MS Excel, JMP, R or SAS, and building web based data analysis tools is desirable.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.