Medical Engagement Lead Finland
Medical Engagement Lead Finland
- Location: Helsinki (FI)
- Job type: 50% filed based, 50% office-based work. Permanent, full time.
About the job
Join Sanofi finland as the Medical Engagement Lead. In this role you will be you will be primarily responsible to ensure strong collaboration between Medical office/HQ activities and field activities to enable successful execution of the Medical strategy for a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes. Reporting to the Medical Lead Autoimmune T1D, this role is strategically positioned to realize the ambition for T1D and contribute to the overall future success of Sanofi.
Our Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes journey starts now, and you can help us chart a new course – not only for Sanofi but for preventive healthcare. Now is the time to add your strengths to ours!
This really is a ‘prime time’ role offering you huge visibility and the chance to fast-track your career in healthcare.
About the team
At Sanofi, we are driven by one purpose – we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible.
We never settle and now we are creating a new paradigm with a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Diabetes (Type 1 Diabetes).
Our newest core asset, resulting from the acquisition of Provention Bio in General Medicines Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes space, aims at delaying the onset of stage 3 type 1 diabetes. This means that for the first time, people at risk of developing this lifelong disease have fresh hope. What delayed onset means is more time for children to be children with less healthcare and more care-free childhood. The delay also gives families and healthcare professionals more time to prepare care plans for a later diagnosis.
We now present an exciting opportunity for you to go further faster. If you’re excited by the prospect of bringing this innovative, first-in-class therapy to more people at risk then we want to hear from you as we build a great team who will work at the intersection of our growth in immune-mediated diseases and disease-modifying therapies in areas of high unmet need.
This is a chance to bring your energy, expertise and experience to truly transformative and career-defining leadership roles where you can help change countless lives. In return, you will have a rare opportunity in pharma – the chance to help disrupt and delay a debilitating and widespread disease.
Innovation, patient focus and disruptive thinking are all key threads of our Play To Win culture.
- Defining engagement strategy for main key accounts (e.g., Centers of Excellence) and building partnerships with external experts from these accounts (e.g., KOLs) to ensure execution of the Glocal Medical strategy, incl. screening and monitoring.
- Co-leading the screening and monitoring strategy at regional level (where relevant) by supporting key decision-makers (e.g., KOLs in Centers of Excellence, regional payers, etc.) in implementing screening and monitoring initiatives (e.g., screening programs to identify people at-risk of T1D, registries to follow patients’ progression through different stages of T1D).
- Mapping of key scientific external experts and societies (incl. KOLs/DOLs, endos, PAGs in partnership with Public Affairs) to inform the development of a local multi-factorial stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Supporting the localization of global content and medical messaging tailored to each CoE stakeholders (when appropriate) by leveraging Medical Field input (e.g., on current practice, treatment landscapes, emerging clinical data, etc.).
- Identifying opportunities and/or supporting medical publications (if relevant).
- Serving as a scientific contact person and providing scientific and medical education to internal stakeholders (when requested).
- Working with cross-functional team to leverage an omnichannel approach in the engagement with Centers of Excellence external experts (e.g., KOLs) and orchestrate a high-touch engagement across different innovative channels (e.g., social media, peer-to-peer communities, websites, online portals, etc.), tailored to different segments.
- Ensure optimal execution of the Glocal Medical strategy at local level.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of scientific training to cross-functional teams (incl. commercial) and approving educational materials.
- Supporting speakers training to ensure continued scientific support in the field.
- Executing educational meetings and assisting with advisory boards (as needed).
- Ideally MD, PharmD, PhD with research background.
- Several years of industry experience in Medical Affairs.
- Deep understanding of Type 1 Diabetes therapy area and/or immunology (prior experience in type 1 diabetes is desired).
- Strategic and analytical thinking capabilities, with ability to disrupt status quo with innovation while remaining pragmatic.
- Highly skilled at executing medical strategies.
- Clear understanding of medical practice, clinical decision-making and healthcare systems related to patient care in Type I Diabetes or Immunology.
- Ability to develop, with cross-functional teams, a local multi-factorial stakeholder engagement strategy for a broad stakeholder ecosystem by understanding how they impact each other.
- Ability to leverage an omnichannel approach in the engagement with external experts to orchestrate a high-touch & personalized engagement based on their level of maturity and preferences.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate this information to meet educational needs.
- Ability to develop and convey a simple yet compelling value narrative to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Ability to stay abreast of data, treatment trends, and new information in the profession and ability to articulate Type 1 Diabetes knowledge and translate expert feedback into appropriate insights.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare systems, evolving medical landscape, regulatory and payer environment, public health, and industry trends.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to execute multiple responsibilities and projects, while prioritizing.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adapt with agility, take calculated risks and anticipate potential issues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English and local language both written and verbal.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Veuillez noter que vous quittez les pages d'entreprise de Sanofi et que vous êtes redirigé vers notre système de suivi des candidats, Workday, qui vous permet de postuler à nos postes vacants.Continuer