12 Month Fixed Term Contract (salaried with benefits)
There couldn’t be a better time to join EUROAPI UK, a Sanofi company with €1 billion in sales projected by 2022 and plans to become the largest Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturer in the UK & Europe.
You will report into the Capital Projects and Engineering Manager, joining Senior Project and Project Engineers working on improvement projects for the site.
This is an opportunity to make an impact, delivering a range of projects from such as site strategic initiatives, HSE improvements, quality improvements, asset replacements and efficiency improvements leading to economies of supply. We are currently working on a major project with challenging deadlines to convert one of our facilities to process a new product to meet recent surge in global demand.
- Manage all phases of standard project phase gates; conceptual design, preparation of cost estimates, procurement, detail design, management of construction and commissioning/qualification
- Draft concise validation documentation within the GxP document sets including but not limited to: User Requirement and Functional Specifications, User Acceptance Test documents and Installation and Operational Qualification documents. You will also be required to execute UAT and IQ/OQ tests
- Establish by consultation with the customer and stakeholders the requirements, scope of work and schedule and thus mutually agree project objectives
- Develop practical, cost effective engineering designs taking full account of the many competing factors, technical, operational and economic
- Organise mechanical testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors
- Prepare and deliver operator training and manage and supervise contract labour in the execution of their duties, ensuring they are sufficiently trained in health and safety at work, and GMP compliance
EUROAPI is a new player in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) created within Sanofi with the purpose of becoming an autonomous company in 2022.
EUROAPI will combine Sanofi’s API commercial and development activities with six of its European API production sites located in Brindisi (Italy), Frankfurt Chemistry (Germany), Haverhill (UK), St Aubin les Elbeuf (France), Újpest (Hungary) and Vertolaye (France).
By operating autonomously, EUROAPI will have a broad portfolio of volume and niche products and will leverage an extensive commercial network covering more than 80 countries.
We are looking for
- Degree in one of the engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil and bring a basic knowledge of all roles and their application in a pharmaceutical facility
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator and collaborator
What we can offer you
An excellent benefits package: we pay 10% of your base salary into your pension annually with no contribution from you. We will give you free private medical insurance, personal dental cover, life assurance and income protection. You will also get access to our Boost rewards and discount scheme provided by Reward Gateway offering the best options to make savings on everyday purchases.
A fixed location at a great site where we offer unlimited hot drinks via our coffee machines and a subsidized canteen offering fresh sandwiches and cooked food for as little as £2.00.
You can learn beekeeping with our beekeepers onsite, join one of our employee-led groups for animal lovers, wellbeing, exercise classes and much more.
Commuting to Haverhill is easy, we offer onsite parking and a location free from inner city traffic. We occupy an advantageous position on the borders of Cambridgeshire, Essex, and Suffolk, right at the heart of the East of England.
We would love to hear from you, feel free to reach out to our onsite recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.