The purpose of the role is to serve as the Global Pricing Director for the Oncology Products.
This pricing Lead will report to the head of MSOI (MS/Onco/ I&I) Global Pricing Lead; priorities and deliverables are aligned with Global Brand Lead and the Franchise Head.
The Oncology Global Pricing Lead is responsible for defining and implementing the Oncology products global pricing strategy, building on the product value proposition and supportive evidence generation plan.
The position is located either in Paris or in Boston.
• Develop the optimal launch pricing strategy for Oncology Products, in partnership with Oncology Global Value & Access lead, Oncology Global Brand team, regions and countries 50%
o Understand value proposition, including impact of health outcome/cost-effectiveness data on price, and recommend value target and initiatives to support optimal pricing strategies
o Conduct necessary pricing researches to inform optimal list price corridors across geographies, as well as net price / commercial policy targets
o Set optimal official prices and contracting strategy per market segments for US, EU, Japan in priority and emerging markets in strong collaboration with global market access and local pricing/access teams
o Assess and recommend innovative pricing approaches when relevant
o Develop analytical models to determine price strategies that maximize profit and revenue (including benchmark of competitors prices, impact of key element of value, price elasticity models), as well as launch sequence model that will optimize prices across regions
o Develop the Global Pricing Policy and associated pricing story
o Support affiliates in their pre-launch activities, providing insights on expected price levels in their reference basket and reviewing their pricing and access strategies (especially via the Regional Market Access Committees)
• Act as expert and key business partner on price-related issues for Oncology products 10%
o Monitor pricing and competitive landscape for the disease areas and provide recommendations
o Contribute to the Oncology Market Access sub-team as key member and pricing expert
o Provide pricing guidance and insights to Oncology BU leads ; support strategic plan, budget and brand plan exercises with robust pricing assumptions
o Manage and follow budget for scope of activities
o Partner with pricing key stakeholders as well as within the Global Pricing team
• Ensure optimal pricing strategy implementation in collaboration with Market Access, Brand teams and regions/ countries 30%
o Anticipate potential changes to Pricing & Reimbursement environment and, working with countries and regions as well as with management, implement strategies to minimize price cuts and resulting negative price reference impacts
o Train countries on Global Pricing Guidance and negotiation guides, in collaboration with other Global Market Access team members
• Ensure transparency in process and confidentially of sensitive pricing
• Contribute to the MSOI (I&I/MS/Onco) Global Pricing team priorities and lead specific global pricing projects5%
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with and understanding of US and European health care and reimbursement systems, including international pricing background and cost-containment measures used to manage pharmaceutical expenses in major markets
- Strong experience in pricing analysis (impact of international reference price, business case evaluation, financial data interpretation and price modelisation)
- Strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical/creative skills to translate clinical information and messages into pricing strategies and transversal projects.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Strong customer service knowledge and orientation
- Must be capable of leading Processes, Projects and taking or supporting decisions by always meeting expected outputs and deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex / High level Projects or initiatives and take tough / High impact decisions
- Ability to prioritize emergencies with the capability to meet deliverables in time and quality while working under pressure
- Meeting conduction and facilitation skills
- Intercultural sensibility, ability to adapt to different and diverse cultures
- Negotiation/Conflict resolution capabilities
- Ability to influence transversally and drive to desired outcomes, leading diverse cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Integrity and strong sense of confidentiality
- Rigor and ability to play with figures
Required Experiences :
- Pricing or access capabilities: global or in-country experience successfully dealing with Pricing, Market Access or Health Economics in Pharma with knowledge of payer mindset and motivations, contracting tactics and Health Economics (understand drivers and interpretation of HE and cost-effectiveness models) would be a plus
- Proven expertise in either US or European pricing strategy development (both being a plus)
- Experience in conducting, leading pricing research.
- Experience in the oncology therapeutic area (will be a plus)
- Good knowledge of Health economics (understand key drivers and interpretation of health economics and cost-effectiveness models)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn pricing approaches (e.g. Value Based Pricing) and Research methods (price elasticity of demand, willingness to pay, willingness to buy)
- Ability to learn and apply methods to set optimal price (e.g., price elasticity of demand, price differentiation for multiple indications or treatment lines, internal product positioning, feasibility of differential pricing within/across geographies etc.)
- Learns and understands affordability considerations and solutions (e.g., tiered pricing)
- Learns and can assimilate P&R insights to inform future pricing decisions (i.e., pricing policy updates or commercial arrangements for current medicines or price setting for future medicines)
- Learns and understands impact of international reference pricing, cross-indication referencing and launch sequencing
- Learns and then can apply profitability measures and break even analyses to recommend net floor price considerations, when relevant
- Learns and then can effectively communicates rationale in support of recommended pricing strategy
- Learns and then can assess impact of and implements managed entry schemes (e.g., risk identification, mitigation planning and performance management of schemes)
- Learns and then can drives identification and need for creating alternative pricing solutions (e.g., international differential pricing) and associated internal communication platform
- Learns and understands compliance risk of pricing practices (competitive law, anti-bribery regulations)
- Learns and then can perform trade-off analyses (price/volume/time/launch sequence) for price and brand optimization
- Learns and then can articulate how different value propositions affect price setting and price execution
- Learns and then understands impact of price execution and price maintenance risk (regular price cuts, changes of references prices) on price setting
Education: Dual Scientific or Health Economist background and Business school with health policy specialty. Minimum of 5 years of experience with proven track record within the pharmaceutical industry, consultancy or health care system/organization
Languages:English fluency required
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Regular, close contact with:
- Global Market Access team (including HEOR, and Operations & Payer Intelligence team)
- Global Franchise/Brand team (V&A leads, marketing, medical, market research-forecasting)
- Countries Market Access & Pricing
Regular, close contact with:
- External organisations and partners that provide insight into Strategic Pricing
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.