Main objective of the position is to support the GM of South Cone by:
- Driving the South cone Strategy through a specific business planning process on a yearly basis;
- Support the organization and execution follow up of current MAMP´s (Market Access Manufacturing Partnership) agreements, overseeing each project landscape, anticipating key challenges and providing strategic insights and endorsements to the GM South Cone
- Lead and design business plans for new opportunities for Manufacturing Partnership in the whole region, including Dengue, understanding market opportunities, supply constraints, anticipating trends and providing strategic recommendations to support the growth of the business in the region;
- Leading Business Development activities across South cone between Corporate and Country functions; Creating a South Cone Governance scheme;
- Design and implement business cases and KPI´s for new initiatives, acting as an internal consultant, for strategic analysis and operational decisions;
- Acting as the coordinator and administrator of the south cone Management Committee (Codir)
- Creating key materials/presentations for business casesSouth Cone meetings or business updates;
- Leading special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
All responsibilities cover the 4 countries, all market segments (Public and Private), on a short, medium or long term.
- South Cone Strategy (40%)
- Create and coordinate the CSP / LRP process: represent the region at global level, define regional calendar (to fit to the global calendar), decide on the derivative South Cone yearly process
- Design regional and country support KPI´s, documents, reports, etc.
- Ensure that financial objectives are in line with GM objectives - Share responsibilities with SC Controlling Director
- Formulate regional strategic objectives; consolidate deliverables at regional level; ensure right involvement and input from Global Franchises.
- Create the South Cone Strategic Plan for global validation, ensure the quality and coherence of regional deliverables
- Represent South Cone and ensure an efficient interaction with Global Business Planning team
- Represent South Cone for the different global projects leveraging the Strategic plan
- Business Development (20%)
- Structure, design and implement methodology to measure the progress and execution of current MAMP´s (Market Access Manufacturing Partnership) agreements, overseeing each project landscape, anticipating key challenges, assessing organization and functions overlaps, providing strategic insights and recommendations to the GM South Cone.
- Lead and design business plans for new opportunities for Manufacturing Partnership in the whole region, especially for on-going projects in Argentina,Paraguya & Chile . Manage for strategy, operational and financial recommendations, understanding market opportunities, supply constraints, anticipating trends and providing strategic recommendations to support the growth of the business in the region;
- Build the South Cone BD Governance model to ensure a coherent follow-up of the projects across the region, implement it, secure an efficient cooperation with global functions and ensure its constant improvement and efficiency
- Drive the countries in the preparation and follow up of the projects
- Prepare materials together with the countries, for business cases whenever needed to inform or get endorsement by latam VP Global ComOps or upper management committees such as Comex
- Have an influential leadership for the required validations internally to International BD according to BDRC process (when applicable)
- Represent ComOps in the Project Oversight Committee (meeting every 1,5-2 months)
- Proactively support countries in their local operational activities, and follow up actions
- Support to GM South Cone (20%)
- Act as the coordinator and administrator of the South Cone Management Committee (Codir) and organize a yearly F2F meeting; regularly review the Governance to secure a constant improvement in meeting efficiency;
- Create key materials and presentations for South Cone meetings: Define and develop the scope and objective of required presentations; Interact with relevant contributors to obtain the data sources/information; Create and refine the information to meet the objectives of the presentation; Validate the final presentation with the GM.
- Create and maintain the yearly meeting schedule.
- Develop meeting agendas based upon needs and priorities and prioritize agenda items
- BU Priorities and Action Plan (10%)
- Align South Cone members yearly priorities with Latam consolidated action plans
- Establish related action plans and secure its bimonthly follow-up thanks to tools enabling efficient execution and follow-up
- Share regular consolidated reports of advancement to Codir members and other departments upon request
- Ad-hoc projects (10%)
- Create ad-hoc business cases on long term products such as C.Diff, HPV…
- Lead special projects such as 10 Year Plan, R&D 2030, EM2.0…
Context of the job/major challenges
The position consists in principally interacting with internal collaborators, at similar, higher or lower level within ComOps as well as transversally with other departments. Given the main activities within the position, the main challenge is to reach objectives through others, without direct hierarchy, within a diversified and complex region composed of 4 countries, diversified market segments and, depending on the requests, on a short, medium or long term basis.
Position operates in the following context:
- Comprehensive understanding of South Cone operating environment and priorities
- Ability to synthetize and format quickly information through high quality presentations
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects with significant time constraints
- Ability to handle complex topics and projects and handle the exposure and pressure associated to these topics or projects
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to structure key initiatives in a project mode with adequate governance, objectives and monitoring of execution
- Coordination and consolidation of regional information
- Significant breadth of knowledge (financial, planning, global marketing, pricing, medical Affairs, etc.)
- Highly confidential information utilized in many projects
- Ability to interact in a multicultural environment and network in the company
- International Travel 20%
The position consists in principally interacting with internal collaborators, at similar, higher or lower level within ComOps as well as transversally with other departments, among them:
- Interaction with all LatAm regional functions
- Interaction with the Country heads and their management team,
- Interaction with ComOps and Global Strategic & Business Planning teams
- Interaction with Global Franchises teams and Global Support Functions
- Interaction with International Business Development team
- Ad hoc internal exchanges with IO, R&D, RA, Global Medical affairs
Direct relationship with external Manufacturing Partnerships in strategic countries in the Region; consultants, Private and Public stakeholders/players, on an ad-hoc basis.
- Strategic Planning: Consolidation of 4countries
- BD Projects:
- Scope: Regional (South Cone)
- Position assists with decisions made by the South Cone GM
- Projects can be oriented on a short, medium or long term depending on its objective
M.B.A./related graduate degree
Experience in finance, operations, planning in a business environment
International business experience desired
5-10 years’ experience in Operations/Sales&Marketing/Strategic Planning/Finance, in Latin America desirable
Core Sanofi Competencies
Languages: Spanish and English fluent
French and Portuguese are desirable but optional
Mastering MS Office tools mandatory
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.