Graduation: Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Marketing, Pharmacy. Graduate degree in Public health, health management, epidemiology or health economics.
Experience and Knowledge: Experience in the pharmaceutical industry where he/she gained thorough knowledge about: government’s structure and public policies, institutional market, health economics concepts and their applicability. It is desirable to have experience as payer role, such as management positions at Government, HMOs or Healthcare organizations.
Also desirable to have experience in key account management.
Key Requirements for This Role
This position requires strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical skills to translate clinical information and messages into payer access strategies. It also requires strong communication-influence skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team with an important focus in business results.
• Has in-depth understanding of payers and their perspective as well as trends in Pricing & Reimbursement.
• Has an ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, as well as identifying relevant clinical endpoints.
• Has an established and extensive network of payer contacts (pricing, reimbursement, policy, insurance)
• Has competitive intelligence to identify early opportunities and threats in the market and creates solutions to benefit from opportunities and disarm threats.
• Has ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provides key ideas for developing individual value stories around Sanofi’s products.
• Can develop a clear understanding of the company’s financial goals, with a clear ability to prioritize, setting up timelines
- Can plan manage a budget to secure the Max deliverables in a timely manner
• Can effectively liaise with multi-cross function teams as well as Sanofi’s regional teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment - contributing creative ideas and positive energy to the group.
Access Strategy and Value Communication Effective Behavior/Knowledge
• Identify systematically payer insights trough payer engagement activities, environment information (with Public affairs partnership) and data analysis from market research/HEOR
- Performs scenario analyses (e.g., target patient population options, related payer value proposition, evidence requirements, pricing and access potential related to each scenario) to shape disease area and commercial strategy as early as in-licensing phase to maximize commercial potential
• Based on the outcomes of the scenario analysis, implements and adapts integrated market access & payer strategies and plans, aimed at delivering the product differentiation most relevant to payers
• Understands value drivers within a specific disease area for portfolio management positioning, prioritization and trade-off decisions
• Demonstrates and communicates internally the payer value proposition of the asset clearly & consistently across company’s multiple offerings
• Defines payer channel and role strategy – e.g., payer-facing capabilities you need to deliver into a specific channel
• Anticipates payer objections and creates multiple possible solutions
• Creates and raises awareness around the product value proposition, coverage placement and formulary inclusion.
• Knowledge of the success metrics of how the value proposition is delivered to key payers (i.e., what is required to command certain benefit ratings, P&R outcomes, reimbursement coding)
• Supports development of payer value creation strategies and plans that go beyond the clinical evidence (e.g., Integrated Care, Patient Support Programs), to ensure, optimize and sustain access and product uptake
• Plans and supports roll out of market access strategies and plans across account archetypes
Functional Competency Requirements for this role (Dominant Competency domains according to role profile)
• Healthcare System Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate a holistic understanding of Pricing and Reimbursement (P&R) systems and its potential effect on value proposition design and delivery
• Strategic Pricing and Contract Strategy: Ability to apply appropriate price setting to successfully deliver maximum value for the company.
English: medium-high level written and spoken
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.